Tuesday 14 August 2012

Journal


8/8/12
There was a celebration held in our school for Singapore’s 47th birthday. On the way to school, i saw many people waring red and white T-shirts which were the colors of Singapore’s flag. It was very nice to see people doing this voluntarily to show their loves to their country. I felt glad that i was involved. 
We were asked to come to school as usual. After the reading program, Valery’s mother went on the stage as the representation of the parents. She introduced to us a little bit of Singapore’s history and announced that the celebration started. The parents had prepared a lot of games for us. I first joined the “Zero Point”, which was a traditional game that you were asked to jump across the rubber band. I was not very good at sport and i could only jump to waist. Many of our PE teacher also played with us. Some of them could even three times as i could! They were so great! After that i went downstairs,  I saw a parent was writing calligraphy on Chinese traditional fans. That was interesting. I have learnt writing calligraphy for three years when i was five. But at that time i was too lazy to practise and which caused now my handwriting was not good haha~ I wrote “Happy Birthday, Singapore” on the fan she gave me. This was my best wish to Singapore. I was very grateful for what i have got here. She offered me a great opportunity to study. I have learnt a lot and i have improved a lot. I have got a lot of teachers who take care of me and teach me knowledge just like my parents. i have got many Singaporean friends here to support and encourage me. Because of her, i can came here and own all of this.
I really want to show my love to her, to this beautiful country.HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE! i wish you a great future ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment