Tuesday 14 August 2012

Journal


6/7/12
Today i had done my book presentation~haha~I was quite nervous because i was afraid that i might not be able to do it well. I loved the two books which i read during the holiday so much and i really wanted to share my feelings to them. I hoped they would also like it and they would be willing to go and read it after listening my presentation. But everything turned out to be just nice although of cause there was something not so perfect. I was so happy when Ms Kaur said i had done a good job. In fact, I did prepare this for a long time. When i was trying to show them the video. The boys began to chit-chat, and which made me quite upset.Anyway, I had done what i wanted to do and this was perfect to me because this made me think that my effort was not a waste.
In the past, i would not read if the it is not compulsory. Actually, this time was also compulsory because we were asked to do our book presentation. But after reading there two books, I found that reading was really interesting. Maybe it is because what Mr Kaur has recommended were famous classic books. I should read more widely especially when i am still learning a new language. Reading is the best way to gain more vocabulary and learn the culture. People always say that learning a language is not just about the language itself but as well as the culture behind it. I am able to get all this through reading. I am trying to keep this as a habit. I believe this will benefit my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment